Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Sidetracked



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

We hear of people being 'sidetracked' when they were doing one thing then in process their mind changed or circumstances changed and this person ends up on a totally new course. Have you ever been sidetracked? I know I have. Plans change and you have to adapt to a new situation. It can be quite nerve racking if you let it or you can go with the flow.

Do you know that our Savior isn't surprised when we are side tracked? He knows the plans He has for us. Often times hindsight is better than foresight. Something maybe you did not like at the time,  turns out to be quite positive. When things happen just ask God to help you through this new course that has been set in your life. Be open to learning and growing from whatever it is that comes your way. Sometimes a new course could mean a better job, a spouse, a new friend. You just never know what the purpose is. 

If you are upset or flustered because something isn't turning out as you expected maybe it is God preparing you for a new adventure. Keep looking up!

PRAYER: Forgive me for the times Lord I was taken off course by an event or circumstances and complained about it. Help me see these detours as the plan you have set for me and praise you for them instead. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment