Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Salvation

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.Romans 10:9

Not everyone who reads these devotions may be 'saved' or 'know' Jesus. I can remember when I lived in California in the mid 1970's the 'Jesus Movement' was going on and a cute campaign entitled "I Found It'.  I was a relatively new born again 'baby' Christian then and did some of the work on this campaign door to door. It was a bit out of my comfort zone. Many people feel they have done their part simply due to being baptized or joining a church. Many surprises await folks at the gates of heaven when a person has not asked Jesus into their heart. 
I just remember how excited I was about the things of the Lord after being born again. I had been raised in church but never had a personal experience until I was a young adult. I wanted to read my Bible. I wanted to go to a vibrant church. I wanted to get away from religiosity and judging and manmade requirements about salvation. Sure I had a journey ahead of me and it was not all a bed of roses, but in these years since that day in 1975 I have stumbled a few times but the Lord has lifted me back up.  I just love sharing about Jesus with others and label me a Jesus freak, that is okay. 

Do you get excited about the Lord? Maybe you have been in same church all your life and really do not feel on fire or excited about Sunday at all. Maybe church is your hobby. It might be time to breakaway and find somewhere that you can come alive and grow in Christ. 

PRAYER: Lord you are good, all the time. I love you and I love your word. Forgive me for ever letting the world shape my thinking and not You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment