Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Think I Can. I Know I Can!!


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
Self control is an important fruit of the spirit to develop in life as well as a 'can do' 'don't quit' attitude. Many of my readers today may be familiar with the children's classic book 'The Little Engine That Could.' The little train engine was huffing and puffing going up a mountain grade all along chanting "I think I can, I think I can". And he could and he did!
Pushing ourselves to achieve something and developing a 'can do' positive attitude is essential for a life with purpose and success. Things such as not giving up on finding a job. Going the extra mile when working out to lose weight. Shooting for a goal such as saving for a vacation or special gift for someone. Attempting to become sober, cease foul language, stop smoking or gambling. Breaking the bad habit of chewing fingernails or chomping chewing gum too loudly. These all require self control in training self to keep plugging away. 
What is it you are trying to accomplish and need an extra dose of self control in order to master and meet your goal. Include God as part of the equation to conquering the giant in your life. You can do it! I know it!
PRAYER: With your help in my life Lord I can indeed do all things. At times I have not had self control and I know this makes my enemy gleeful. Help me to run to you in times of my weaknesses. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment