Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Pray On And Then Some!!!!


Search me, God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting.Psalm 139:23-24

Do you have someone you are praying for? Your prayers could be specific or just general. I feel it is good to learn to personalize our prayers for people. I learned this valuable prayer tool over the past 19 years I have been a part of Moms In Prayer International. For instance on the verse above, say you are praying for a specific issue for a child or friend, insert their name.
Search ____________________God, and know_________________heart, test __________and know _______________anxious thoughts.See if there is any offensive way in ________________and lead _______________in the way everlasting. 

Sort of packs a punch to cry out to God this way. When we are praying for someone else too, and not just ourselves, somehow our own issues become insignificant. I like to occasionally get away and go to a mountain, in my case a nearby Alabama State Park, to have a peaceful place for prayer. It is a good way to focus truly just on the Heavenly Father. If you are able, and it is safe, go somewhere to be alone and pray. I have even heard of a literal 'prayer closet' set aside not for clothes but for prayer and Bible time. A friend of mine who may be reading this has a 'prayer garden' at the side of her home. It too is a peaceful alone spot. Try to put your cell phone away and really be by yourself.

Make an appointment with God each and every day but try to schedule a truly alone DAWG day
(day alone with God) where dedicated time is used to focus on the savior. 

PRAYER: I need you every hour. You alone are mighty. You alone can save. You Lord care about the issues I am praying about more than me. I know you work things out in your time and for your glory and purposes. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment