Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Trending!!!Let It Be Jesus.



Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong;for like the grass they will soon wither,like green plants they will soon die away.Trust in the Lord and do good;dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:1-4

When  the local morning news is broadcast here in Huntsville, Alabama on the local NBC station they have a segment called 'What's Trending'. This always make me chuckle because I always wonder why it matters. To many people it does matter that they keep up with what is the latest Hollywood gossip or fashion trends. Media gets us so wound up about staying on top of everything and I wonder why it is necessary. I feel there is enough stuff cluttering up our lives and minds to even sit and give time to something like that. I am not judging you if you are 'into' this but want you to think about why it is important?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we sprung out of bed in the morning and did not run to the television or newspaper and instead grabbed a cup of coffee and the Bible. From there you could start your day 'trending' with the King of kings and Lord of lords. Nothing else will matter in the end except what is done for Christ anyway. Of course we have to be aware of what is happening in the world to some extent but not get saturated to the point we structure our lives around what the media tries to put in our heads. Marketing geniuses come up with snazzy commercials to capture us and lure us into buying a certain product, a 'must have' they call it. 

I challenge you to re-order your day making Jesus Christ truly first place, not just lip service. It may take some self control and discipline to get started on the right track if your habits have been otherwise. What do you want in your head first thing in the morning, Hollywood news and things about eternity? 

PRAYER; Father God forgive me for many times when I have neglected you and your word and rushed out into my day without so much as reading one Bible verse to sustain me. Help me Lord as I seek to restructure my day to make you first place. In Jesus' name. Amen. 
Click link for a wonderful song of praise to start your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment