Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Friends...True Friends


One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24
Friendships are very important to me. I value every close friendship I have ever made and grieve the loss of those who did not work out. Friends help us grow. They cheer us up. They listen to us. I just can't imagine a world without friends. 
When we rely on Facebook as our source of 'friends' that is not a true and meaningful friendship. I am not saying you don't have 'real' friends on this popular social media site, but how many friends on Facebook locally have you called up to hang out with? Just giving you something to think about. When someone clicks the 'like thumbs up' icon on Facebook do you put tons of weight in that thinking "they like they really like me." (Former Academy Winner Actress Sally Field said something similar after winning her second Oscar in 1984 for 'Places In The Heart.'
The best way to get friends is to be a friend. Don't be a friend only if someone can do something for you. See if there is someone you could do something special for today. Perhaps drop an actual snail mail note, with a stamp, to a friend in a different state or country. Get away from all the wired media and tune in to those friends out there. You will be better for it. 
PRAYER: Thank you so much for my friends of today, yesterday, and those I have not even met yet. Help me to be an awesome friend to those people you have placed in my life. Help me to not wait for someone else to make the first move. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link for a song of worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment