Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Following

And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19
The term on Twitter is 'following' meaning you have tweeted some person or organization to stay up to date with and get all the latest news. Many can not start their day without checking in on someone's status. Why is this so interesting? It doesn't provide anything beneficial in the long run. 

Are you following Christ? Do you desire to be in His presence daily? Do you want to grow to be more Christlike? Do you give as much time to getting to know Him as you do to getting to know celebrities? I am not asking all these questions to guilt you or judge you but to make you think deep down what really matters in the big scheme of things. When you follow Jesus and get to be more like Him you can't help but want to draw others closer to Him as well. 

Today before you get all caught up with numerous things that don't really matter, stop and give God some quality time. 

PRAYER: I need you daily Lord. Forgive me when I let things of this world become more important than you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment