Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Do Yourself A Favor. Forgive and Forget!


 
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered "No not seven times, but seventy-seven times." Matthew 18:21-22
 
 Have you ever had a misunderstanding or miscommunication with someone that ended your friendship? I have, and  it is not something I would want anyone to go through. Even though trials and tests are good for growing us up to be more Christlike, no one wants these 'tests'. Winning an offended 'brother' is most difficult to do and it even says this in Proverbs 18:19. Read it and see.
 
You may be the one who has done this to someone either knowingly or unknowingly. As a Christian, it is not good to harbor ill feelings, resentment, anger, and bitterness in your heart. For sure you will not grow closer to Christ if you are. And when you forgive someone, act like it. If you are on the receiving end of the lack of forgiveness just keep praying and hoping that this individual will feel a touch from the Holy Spirit to allow you back in their life. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
 
 Relationships  here on Earth between family, friends, acquaintances, or husband and wife are meant to be cherished and nurtured. The enemy, Satan, of course loves destroying things and breaking relationships. Do NOT allow this to happen. If there is someone in your life who refuses to forgive you can secretly forgive them in your heart anyway. Believe me, you will feel better. Then let it go.


 
 PRAYER: I love my family and my friends and do not want to do anything to have them not like me. Show me the way Lord and teach me when to move forward and when to back off. Show me how to pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment