Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Our Commands: Cheer Up, Calm Down, Press On.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful. John14:27

Wouldn't life be great and more peaceful if we just paid attention to the word of God more and not use it to catch dust? It is very easy to go through the day and just zone out with busyness so that things of the Lord take a back seat to worldly pursuits.

So what are you dealing with today? We are told in the Bible to be cheerful, to be calm,and to keep pressing forward to run the race to win. Don't wait till you are in a panic mode to cry out to God. I suggest getting up daily, keep the TV off,and pick up the Bible. Start in Psalms and read whatever Psalm corresponds to the date on calendar. Then pray and then start your day's activities.

You can truly have a fulfilled peaceful life when you make God the first part of the equation for your daily routine. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I confess I have put you last on several occasions. I know when I study your word daily I am calmer,cheerier,and can stay on track in life. Help me say no to distractions that take you out of my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment