Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sit Down Martha!!


As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”"Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” Luke 10:38-42
There may be readers who struggle with this area of just relaxing and being calm and not fretting if a friend drops by. Proverbs 15:17 always struck me in my journey to just relax and it says "Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred." The 'Becky interpretation' was "it is better to rejoice over hot dogs than to try to wear yourself out cooking filet mignon."
Nowadays, sad to say, I do not think in many places people just drop by. If Jesus were to knock on your door would you get all hyper and say "Sit down here Lord while I go cook?" I think not or hope not. The better thing that Mary chose in the opening verses was to sit at Jesus' feet. This made hyperactive Martha a little bent out of shape but Jesus point was just to 'be still'.
Are you able to just 'sit down' and trust God to help you be content and peaceful?
PRAYER: Lord I thank you that you desire peace and stillness not over activity or trying to impress. Help me in any area of life where I struggle with this. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment