Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Progressive Christian....Say What?


"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32

I recently saw this terminology, 'progressive Christian'  on a website claiming to be Christian yet more modernized in their approach to topics and world events. Now granted I am not here to judge my fellow man, but there is only one kind of Christian in my humble opinion and that is a 'Christian'. To pick and choose what we think is 'okay' with the Almighty is not our job. And to listen to humans like they know more than God does,  is a bit scary. 

God is love, period. There are a standard set for actions and behavior in the Bible. Many choose to think the Bible is old fashioned. Others may think they are pretty good because they don't engage in 'that sin' meaning the ones God surely said were the ultimate worst ever. If not careful, a person can become puffed up with pride thinking because they don't do 'that' they are pretty good. Well I have news for you. Romans 3:23 says "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." All means all! Yes you and me brother and sister are sinners saved by grace. 

Just remember to follow God's word and not the world's idea of what is correct behavior because our world is greatly misled. We are living in crazy times today. Jesus is still in the business of saving, transforming, healing, and setting free. Don't be deceived by the enemy Satan trying to lure you into a sense everything is permissible. 

PRAYER: I lift up those people in my life who I know are believing lies of the enemy. Please protect me from being caught off guard and deceived. I choose to stay in your word daily and keep praying. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment