Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Lonely Epidemic

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? Romans 8:25

As I sat in a local coffee shop writing one day I noticed an elderly gentleman asleep in one of the chairs. I had seen him here before always alone. Maybe he had no one to hang out with or no where to go. He does not look like a bum, just a lonely old man. No one has said anything to him as he snoozes away in a chair. 

I have witnessed things like this in big cities such as Washington, DC where homeless sleep covered by garbage bags on benches or even just lonely looking people sitting on park benches. They are not begging but simply look sad. Some in fact could be mentally ill but we are not sent to judge but to love. My heart always aches but yet how many times have I approached them. Maybe as a lady alone I am cautious. But look around you today and you are bound to see someone who fits into the category or extreme loneliness. 

Do yourself a favor if you want to feel joyful. Find someone you can bring joy to today. Look around you. Maybe pay for the person behind you in line at a drive through. You never know what they are going through. Smile and say hi to a lonely looking person. Visit a nursing home and sign up to be a buddy to someone. Whatever it is shine the love of God to those the world may have forgotten. 

PRAYER: Dear Lord God I am at fault for sometimes seeing a need but not meeting it. Awaken me to the needs of those I come across and make a way for me to share your love. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment