Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I Am Not Ashamed


For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1:16

Ever heard of the 'headache prayer'? That is when you are in a public place and want to pray or feel 'obligated' to pray, and slightly bow your head, one eye open, and kind of hold your head. I am ashamed to say I have done it in the past. Why? What is to be ashamed of? We are either for God or against Him. What is to be so shy or ashamed about? Nothing! 

In another verse in the Bible, Mark 8:38 it says "If anyone is ashamed of me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when He comes in His Father's glory with the Holy angels." Whew. Are you ashamed to publicly declare Jesus is Lord or just in comfortable 'holy huddle' or in church locations? 

Why not start today and not worry about what anyone else is thinking cause it does not matter and you do not know the others around you anyway. Stop and give thanks for your food and who knows, you might actually make others think about doing the same thing.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord if I have ever acted ashamed of you when I am out and about in the world outside church. Help me to act like a Christian in love with you 24/7. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment