Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 17, 2020

Friendships

 


One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.Proverbs 18:24

Friends are great. To be a friend you have to show yourself friendly. You can’t wait for another to always make the first move. 

As I write this I embark on yet another journey and a new season of life to make new friends. I am not anxious about it because God always brings people right at the time they are  needed. I am not writing this so you will feel sorry for me but so that if you are complaining you have no friends you get going to be a friend. Pray God opens doors that you could not otherwise imagine. 

One of the closest friends I had was one where before entering a church ladies function in Arizona years ago I simply prayed, “Lord show me who you want me to sit by who looks lonely” whereas the girl I sat next to had prayed a similar prayer asking God to have someone sit next to her. It could be at church, a coffee shop, school, a movie theater, a prayer group, even in the service department of an auto dealer. Many times in the past friends were made due to children’s activities but now as an empty nester, if you are there like I am, that season is over. God has new things awaiting you. Step out and step in to the new role God has opened up for you. You may have not just moved like I did but maybe it is time to move on and show yourself friendly to someone who is aching for a friend. 

PRAYER:Lord you have so many good things for those who wait upon you. Your timing is perfect. Father women seem to make friends easier so I pray for any men out there who need a friend who will stick closer than a brother. Prepare my heart and prompt me to listen to your still small voice. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment