Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Cats Have It Made...Not!

 





Therefore encourage one another with these words.1 Thessalonians 4:18

As I watch my cat I chuckle that he sure does not have many concerns. Sleeps nearly all the time. Rolls over prompting me to rub his belly. Meows for ‘meow mix’ and basically has no responsibility in one of his ‘nine lives’.

It would be horrible to have a life of total leisure like a cat. A cat can’t know the pleasures of life such Zip lining, riding a roller coaster, enjoyment of  a live play, going to birthday parties, making friends, you get the point.They just sort of lie around to make their owner happy. 

In the life you live are you like my cat or are you engaged in the world making a difference? Do you coast along sucking up the good things of life or do you intentionally set out to be a light in the darkness and encourage others? Why not purpose in your heart you will do more than lie around but get out and see who needs a Jesus’ hug. 

PRAYER: Father I don’t want to be a lazy lethargic follower but I want to be used to help others who need encouragement. Use me to bring joy and comfort to another. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment