Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 8, 2020

How Are Your Orchards and Groves?

 


“This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” – John 15:8

How is your spiritual fruit? Have your ‘orchards and groves’ been choked by vines, invasive species, thistles, and weeds such as lying, gossip, backbiting, sheer hatred,bickering, stealing, worry, obsessing over things, and  social media confusion?

It may be time to apply some heavy duty weed killer meaning getting serious about letting stuff go and focusing on your own walk and growth in Christ and not allowing Satan to distract you. How much time do you spend daily talking to God or doing Bible reading compared to the clamoring voices in the world that attempt to take you off course?

The fruits of the spirit(Love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, and self control) need fertilizer to keep beautiful blooms in your spiritual garden. Satan loves to trip you up just as you are determined todo things differently. Run your race and yank up those nasty weeds causing fruit to my ripen.(See Galatians 5).

PRAYER: Father I know when I get off course and let the world and its’ ways captivate me soon I am in the mode where my ‘fruit’ gets rotten and is no good. That is not how you designed me so give me strength to recognize stumbling blocks and avoid them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment