Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 7, 2020

National Guilt Museum


Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1


Recently on an interstate highway from the distance I saw a billboard which I thought said ‘National Guilt Museum’ and was thinking that would be quite an odd and unusual museum and wondered what the displays would look like. I chuckled  as I drove closer and saw it said ‘National QUILT Museum’ a whole different meaning.

So have you ever been guilty of guilting someone? Maybe you don’t do it on purpose and may don’t  even realize you are. I don’t think anyone intentionally wants to bring mental anguish and guilt upon a close friend or family member but it happens.

I guess the key to stopping guilt would be to be content in life where you are. Don’t repay evil for evil or try to get revenge for being hurt or left out. It is certainly not Christlike. If you have been told you guilted someone, many parents have been, ask God to keep a watch on your thoughts, your mouth, and give you a Christlike attitude. It takes practice especially if you have been a guilter but you can do it with Holy Spirit as your guide. 

PRAYER: Father I feel terrible when I have been told by someone I was trying to guilt them. I know this is NOT from you nor does it bring me closer to kingdom.Deliver me from this terrible trait. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment: