Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Amid This Turmoil Jesus Is Lord

 


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.John 14:27

It is pretty easy to stay plugged in and peaceful if you can stop getting pop up news feeds on your phone or cancel your subscription to the newspapers that tend to thrive on chaos and controversy. 

Each day wake up and say “Lord I thank you” and then maybe get on your knees beside your bed if you are able and just talk to God. There is no magic formula about how to have a daily quiet time with God but to grow in Christ amidst the turmoil in this world it is essential. There is that Covid word, ‘essential’, and if ever anything were ‘essential’ it is time alone with your savior. 

What do you have planned today? Do you have a special place you can go in your house, dorm room, or apartment and get alone with God? Perhaps some praise music in the background or a good teaching CD. You can decide if you want to emulate the world and its’ craziness or choose to be settled in Christ? But you have to do it on purpose’! 

PRAYER: Oh Jesus my savior there is none like you. I praise your name for being my Lord, my savior, my redeemer, my comforter, my all in all. Be with anyone who is fearful today because of pandemic news overload and still their hearts. Guide each and every person reading to the stillness only you offer. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment