Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 11, 2018

You’ve Gotta Connect


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12
I had been in a funk recently when out of the blue two things happened. First I got an actual letter in the mail from a friend in Arizona. Next I got a phone call from a lady wanting advice on writing. Those two simple gestures of human contact were so meaningful and snapped me out of my stupor. 

Many things can put you on the wrong ‘road’ and one huge thing is wrong thinking. You have heard the saying ‘an idle mind is the devil’s workshop’ well there is truth in that. It is necessary to intentionally not ‘go there’ when it comes to thoughts. Your mind must be disciplined. The enemy will try to captivate you through terrible bizarre thinking and you can’t let it happen. 

Make sure you are making time for one on one with friends and put down the devices when you are with them. Our new generation I fear is not going to know how to have interpersonal relationships beyond their cellphones. Make sure you make friend time a priority as well as family time. And put down the phone when you do. I am guilty of it too. Go somewhere and just sit and be still and let God fill your thoughts.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for your human angels you send to help us when we are lonely or down and out. Help me be that angel to someone as well. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Again, you have made some very strong points. I am guilty of reading texts when hubby and I are going somewhere. (He does the driving.) Likewise, I am guilty of being on my tablet when our son visits. I really need to break myself of these and concentrate on what is closest to me.

    ReplyDelete