Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Popping A Cork Christian Style?


My 
dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because 
 human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. JAMES 1:19-20

Is there such a thing as righteous anger? Well I don’t know but I know yours truly has a weak moment every now and then and has to learn to not sweat the small stuff and remember that ‘this too shall pass’. Some things can really make your blood boil and that is what Satan wants. He wants upset Christians who don’t learn to take their morning ‘chill pill’. 

What problem or situation recently may have brought your anger level up a notch? Telemarketers? Rude store clerks? Long lines? Policy cancellation by accident? Forgot a bill? Many more things could be added to the list. 

You have probably heard the phrase “Christians are not perfect just forgiven” well that is true but take a breath before reacting or overreacting to things. Try to keep the fruit of the spirit of patience and peace growing in your life. Forgive yourself when you have messed up. And learn from your mistakes and ask forgiveness when appropriate. Now go enjoy your anger free day. 

PRAYER: Lord I have embarrassed myself at times getting bent out of shape about stuff that really didn’t matter. Help me slow down, think, and remember to pray first. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky; We all slip up and sin at some point in our day-to-day lives. I find myself frustrated and I almost blow my top. When I stop and think, I realize that I was wrong. Ask His forgiveness and go on with what I was doing before I got my dander up;

    ReplyDelete