Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

What A Day!


You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Recently there was a supposed active shooter on a base in Ohio where my younger son was taking two weeks of Guard training. Needless to say since it was reported in the building I thought he was in, not only I but his wife, mother in law and a host of others were concerned. Until we got the all clear it was frightening.

Our minds can really make us go crazy. The ‘what if’s’ of life play a number on your peace. When you think an active shooter is near a family member it is a wee bit unsettling to say the least. You just have to try the best you can to be still. That seems to be my mantra lately, being still.

Good news is that all is well but for many people they do get worse case scenario news and have to pick up and move on albeit not an easy task. I hope I never have to face it but sadly have had many friends who have. You pick up the pieces and move on and don’t get mad at God. Today trust that God is with you and your family no matter what. If you have not trusted him as your savior do it today. No matter what life brings your way storms can make you stronger. We hate to hear that but hang on. God is good.

PRAYER: Your Word Lord I have hidden in my heart so no matter what happens I know you can get me through. Help me stand strong and calm in the face of calamity. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: "No matter what life brings your way storms can make you stronger." This is a good thought. A friend of mine and I had a conversation during which she said," Looking back on life, we learn that the hard times build our character, make us into who God wants us to be.'

    ReplyDelete