Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Live A Life Bigger Than Yourself


Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a Holy temple in the LORD. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22
In the month of August my church,Church of  the Highlands, has been having 21 Days of Prayer. It could be watched at home online or in person. For several of the days I went in person and when you were there amongst other prayer warriors it took on such a greater deeper meaning to me.
As I walked with prayer cards in my hand reading others requests I could not help but cry at times. Sure at home I had no access to others prayer concerns so prayed for my family but there at church I read prayers from high school and college students,prisoners,children,and weekly church attenders. Some really choked me up.
You have to live beyond yourself and sure, pray for your needs and that of your family, but break away and have a heart for those lost, hurting, grieving,despairing, lonely and perhaps you will also get the chance to do more thanpray. Have a blessed day.
PRAYER: I am grateful I learned the value and necessity of prayer. I pray for those young married couples who do not pray as a couple to start doing it and not let Satan make them think it is unnecessary. I thank you for opportunities to live beyond  myself. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment