Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Rough Patches

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21
Life is not always perfect. Do you ever feel like you are being tested and wonder when it is going to end? Lack of employment, illness, medical bills, lawsuit, jail time, car wreck, failure on a school test, house foreclosure, late bills, no savings. Not making light of any of these but all things need to be kept in perspective. A resident of a slum or Third world nation may gladly assume some of our ‘problems’. 

Often times when you know people suffering it is hard to come up with the proper response or way to keep thee individual from losing hope and giving up on God entirely. It is as if God is a genie and why isn’t He pulling a rabbit out of His hat. God does not work that way. 

1 Peter 1:7 says “These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.” “But Lord I thought you loved me, I thought you cared. Why are you deserting me” is a good response. Believe it or not God is working even though the results aren’t evident now. Are you praising Him regardless or shaking your fist at Him. Check you heart and be patient. 

PRAYER: Lord I know you love me and you care for me but I also know you are working on me and my character as well. Forgive me for getting impatient or angry. Help me learn to praise you during the storms of life and look for the rainbow. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link for a awesome song of praise: https://youtu.be/uHdcyue0bSw

No comments:

Post a Comment