Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Airplane Mode


           "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
I absolutely love flying. I am not a pilot myself, the only one in the family who is not but I take my share of commercial flights and enjoy every bit of it, mostly. When you are traveling in the air if you want to keep your cell phone on it has to be in ‘airplane mode’ so as to not interfere with signals and cause problems. Airplane mode basically keeps you from getting a cell signal.

I actually love the ‘airplane modes’ of life. By this I mean the time when the phone is silent, no television is blaring, maybe just sitting outside listening to birds sing or our cows moo. A break from the norm to be still. ‘Airplane mode’ moments are good for everyone.

Is it time for you to take an ‘airplane mode’ moment and break away from the blaring disruptions in life and sit and listen to God’s voice through His word? 

PRAYER: Lord I love it when I can just be still. Being able to sit alone and open the Bible and read and grow in you. Help me schedule these times regularly and not allow the tyranny of the urgent disrupt me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link for a wonderful song of worship to help you rest in God:

1 comment: