Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Show Me Your Papers



But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. Philippians 3:20

Anyone who has ever travelled to a foreign land knows they can not enter without a Passport or Visa. You are born and have a birth certificate proving your nationality from a particular nation. What if you had to show your ‘heavenly passport’? Now there isn’t actually such a thing but could you prove you should be admitted? On the basis of what? 

You are a good person. You have outstanding morals. You never killed anyone. You love your parents. You obey the law. You respect your elders. You follow the Ten Commandments. All these are fine and good but do you love Jesus? Have you asked Jesus into your heart? How would someone know? 

Matthew 7:22-23 says the following “Many  will say to me on that day, 'LORD, LORD, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life and do you live for Him daily? Are you teaching your children about Him? Are you reading and studying God’s word and not just getting spoon fed one hour on Sunday? Today if you hear hIs voice do not harden your heart. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help me live in such a way that I lead people to you and not into worldly pursuits that overshadow you. Forgive me if I ever thought I could go it on my own.  Draw those back to you who I know who may have wandered away. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment