Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, December 22, 2017

Put Your Machete Down


When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

I was listening to Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church in the Dallas area and he said "The law is not a machete to go hacking people with". What an excellent word picture. 

Rules are for our good but we are not to go around shaking our finger at others. Harshness never wins anyone to Jesus. The Holy Spirit does the convicting so let Him! It is hard sometimes to wait patiently. Don't beat up others with self righteous words but love them.

The next time you are tempted to correct someone or 'suggest' something to prompt change instead just relax and keep praying. You'll be glad you did. Let The Holy Spirit work. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I don't want to act like I have no sin or problems because that would be a lie. Help me as I seek to grow in you and help me leave the job of convicting others to the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment