Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Trying To Be Somebody


For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. James 3:16

Have you ever caught yourself in the mode of trying to prove to someone that you matter? If you have why do you do this? Shouldn't your walk with Jesus and what you do for him be all that matters but yet by the world's standards people seem to expect more. It is as if not having a busy job makes you less than a person.

Things like ladies who say "I'm just a mom" as if apologizing for not being in a Fortune 500 company. Or you don't have a viable important job so there may be those who think you just sit around all day when in fact you are very busy. If you catch yourself slipping into the mode and allowing the enemy to distract you from your purpose pretty soon you will be in tears.

Start now accepting what God has you doing.  Don't let what others say throw you off course. Don't look down on others whose choices are different than your own. Be grateful for what you have and where you are. God is good.

PRAYER: I am indeed grateful for the things  I have been able to do in life and the ways you use me to impact the lives of others whether it be my children, my friends, my spouse, or in my neighborhood. Help me be content where you have me Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment