Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Darker? Why?


Finally , brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Philippians 4:8

The latest book of a popular series is out and I beg to ask those who are hooked on these novels and movies why? The earth is pretty dark already without adding more darkness on purpose.  Dwelling on bad stuff is not good for your mind. Just as the verse for today says, “think on good things” and if you do you will have less desire for junk that drags you down.
It is okay not to fall prey to the latest junk out of Hollywood that attempts to reel you in to a web of wrong thinking through bad language and inappropriate conduct. It takes self discipline to insure you guard your mind and your heart. Why not in this season where the concentration should be on the birth of a savior try to do the right thing by not allowing the darkness of this world to penetrate your heart. Guard your heart and mind as it says in Proverbs 4:23.
Start your day with feeding your mind on good things such as a dose of Psalms or Proverbs. Be still before the Lord and be careful what you choose to set your eyes upon.
PRAYER: Lord I love you and I love your word. There have been times I have allowed myself to be captivated by things in the world that make me think wrong thoughts. Help me as I choose to look upon good things. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment