Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Don't Get Greedy

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Philippians 4:11

Recently at a church Christmas gathering we were playing dirty Santa and there was a non wrapped gift in an REI bag and I assumed maybe it was something from this amazing outdoor store so when it was my turn promptly made a bee line for the bag. Did it contain an outdoor item? You guessed it, NO! A huge bag of Snickers bars and I don’t eat candy. 

This little episode taught me something about life. What the outside of the package is is not always what you get whether it is with a person or a material item. Don’t judge a book by its’ cover you may have heard. 

This writing could be about contentment, not being greedy or not judging. However it speaks to your heart is fine. It speaks to me about all three areas. Now go in peace and be blessed to receive a blessing. 

PRAYER: I am thankful for where I am in life. Even when things aren’t so good they are still good. You are the giver of all  things. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment