Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Carefree


And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. Mark 4:19
As I drove past an elementary playground one day the children were enjoying recess and were frolicking, swinging, playing, and running. It was so pleasant to watch little ones without a care in the world, so it seemed, enjoying life.  Why can’t adults try to be more carefree I pondered.  
I have mentioned in devotions previously that everyone who is physically able ought to get to a playground and swing. It may do you good. So what if you get stared at. Or take a simple walk and leave your phone put away and enjoy the beauty of nature around you. Children have not been saddled with the burdens of life although they can be emotionally wounded by family situations. They are enjoying life as it is. Adults have responsibilities but you don’t have to let burdens of life drag you down and steal your joy. 
Keep looking up to Jesus. Worry as it says in verse above ‘chokes’ the word of God. You can read the Bible till you are blue in the face but have to put into practice what it says to do and that means casting your cares on the Lord. You must trust God and not try to let everything weigh you down. Now go swing! 
PRAYER: I know Lord your intent is for me to totally give you my burdens and to also meditate on your word so that it becomes part of me and allows me to breeze through problems without stressing. Give me strength as I seek with your help to do this. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment