Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, December 1, 2017

Your Own Journey



For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.Galatians 1:10
It is easy to get caught in the trap of comparison.  Comparison is wrong and it leads to discontent and envy, neither of which is a healthy fruit of the spirit. Why do we do it? Satan for one likes to get us not satisfied with our life and where we are. It certainly is not God making you discontent but a tool smack dab out of the enemies tool chest. 

Try this. Get up each day and first focus on Jesus. Don’t wish you were someone else or someplace else because you in fact are not. Ask God to use you just where you are for His purposes. Even believers can get stuck in this rut of discontentment and it is not a healthy place to camp out. 

Be thankful for each day and each experience good or bad because they all help grow you into the person God wants you to be. When discontentment is a regular part of your life you will not rise to the heights God has for you. Cherish each moment and give thanks for where you are and what God is doing through you. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I complain about not being someone different or someplace else and wish I had more in life. I praise you for how you work through me in the lives of others and continually give you thanks for just where you have me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment