Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Get Off The Treadmill


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Matthew 11:28
This time of year is exceptionally crazy insanely busy for most people or so it seems. Each year you may say to yourself things are going to change but then the busy cycle continues to press in on you. It may be necessary to look at your calendar and see what activities you could truly cut back on. 

When you are planning your day why not schedule some down time. Yes a time to actually sit in a chair somewhere and relax. Don’t feel guilty doing it. Stop and get off the treadmill for a while and appreciate life and spend some time with the Lord. Schedule time to keep your physical body in shape as well, after all it is God’s temple. Say no to things you don’t really need to do. Parents don’t over schedule your young children repeating this cycle for them. 

You are the only person who controls your schedule except yes if you have a job that factors in but point being don’t try to be super woman or super man. Take care of yourself.  Insure you get a good dose of Jesus every day by filling your mind with scripture. Take time to just be still. Try it you might like it! 

PRAYER: Lord it is my responsibility to not schedule myself into a tizzy. I know I don’t have to do it all during this time of year or anytime of year for that matter. Convict my heart of what truly matters and help me to learn to say no. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment