Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

There Goes That Mouth Again


But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:8

Gossip, telling secrets, hurting someone with verbal abuse, misunderstandings, the tongue and the mouth are right up there at the top for causing problems particularly when the person speaking does not think before saying something or emailing something. How many of you have been guilty of misspoken words that have hurt someone? I have I am ashamed to say. Sometimes it is hard to recover from that and takes time to earn trust again. 

As this verse in James Chapter 3 says the tongue can not be tamed. That does not excuse you from not having self control with your mouth. Sometimes misspoken words are a total misunderstanding and can embarrass or hurt someone. Maybe that was not your intent but it can happen. If you have a problem with talking too much before you think, step back and maybe do a study on the mouth and your words. Words have power. They do in fact set a forest ablaze as it also says in this same chapter of James. 

If you have been hurt be ready to forgive and forget. If you have hurt someone else learn from it and ask God to help you control your impulses and to think before you speak. The friends and family you save may be your own. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want control over my mouth. The mouth can do good or do bad. It is my choice and help me use the brain you gave me to think before I speak. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment