Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Politics and Halloween


Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties. Psalm 141:4

These two things come to the forefront the same time every year. I am finding they are both polarizing issues and if you expect to keep good friends you better keep your opinions to yourself and try to not force others to change. Only the Holy Spirit brings change. I write about both because I am passionate about both. I am only sharing where God has me.

 We are days away from a Presidential election which is a make or break one for freedom as we know it. Each person needs to turn off the news and get on their knees and pray and think for themselves. Use the Bible as your guide. Don't change the truth to fit a political belief. And as for Halloween, I have close friends who agree to disagree with me, but I personally am not into giving any attention to what borderlines on demonic. Sure a person doesn't go out to trick or treat searching for a demon under every rock but why do we need to glorify this secular holiday? Just asking?

So my friend, pray, love Jesus, seek Him first, and ask God to guide you in the direction of truth and wisdom.

 PRAYER: I love you Lord and I never want to be holier than thou or act self righteous. Guide me Lord to do what is right in this election and on Halloween. Help me recognize the forces of evil and darkness and be bold against them. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment