Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Active Now


 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.John 14:27

Americans are obsessed with information and social media almost to the point of being a sickness. When I got on my phone recently to post my food intake for the day I noticed '28 green lights' that indicated some of my 'friends' were active online at that time as well. Sometimes inquiring minds just want to know but do we really need to?

 Wouldn't it be great if we could read God's word as much as things on social media? Imagine how life would improve. All these photos and tidbits of news a click away is enticing but unless controlled can control you. Is it time to bring balance to your life? Only you can answer that question.

Try this. When you are tempted to check the status of friends or family instead go get your Bible and start reading Psalms. Try to keep track of just how much time is spent peering into others lives through social media and see if maybe it is not time to peer into Jesus' life more. Just saying.

PRAYER: Lord I confess I have wasted lots of time with things that really don't matter for eternity especially on social media. I pray for younger relatives who are growing up in this generation with non stop device use. Help me learn to step away and rest. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment