Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

RV's, Mansions, Boats, Trips, Oh My!



 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:11-12

Do your ever find yourself swooning over someone's newly acquired motor home, speed boat, motorcycle, travel plans, or massive home? It is human nature to have envy in our heart but God's nature is to be content with what you have and to not covet or desire others possessions.

Here in the United States all of us are the envy of many in Third World countries. I mean you have running water right? How about electricity? A roof over your head? Food in the refrigerator even some spoiled because you're bought too much and forgot about it. Indeed we are blessed without all the other fancy added stuff.

Today don't be desiring other things and putting yourself in debt to get something your probably don't really need and may not even use. Be yourself and be thankful. Keep your eyes on the cross and the lust of the flesh should go away.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for the many blessings in my life. I am indeed blessed. Even if I am sick I am blessed with access to awesome medical care. I thank you for freedom to worship you and for the many friends in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment