Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Whoosh...Time Flies!



The measure of our life is seventy years; and if through strength it may be eighty years, its pride is only trouble and sorrow, for it comes to an end and we are quickly gone.Psalm 90:10

As a sat in the concourse at the Dallas Airport recently watching passengers deplane at my gate, all ages were coming off. Young, semi young, semi old, older. I had just taken a selfie earlier and gagged at my old looking appearance then hey, I realized the clock is ticking for each of us. Part of life is growing older. Everyone has a purpose and value. Never beat yourself up because of the aging process. 

Why is it so many can't accept getting older? One day we are teenagers then the next thing you know you are at your 45th high school reunion. Where did the time go? My great niece recently turned sweet 16 and I remember her being a toddler. One thing not to do if you happen to be in the over 50 category is think that you can't get a job because of your age. Sure society tends to put millennials in a special category where they seem preferred and all others washed up, but don't get negative on yourself and believe media lies. 

Today no matter what your age God can use you. Everyone is here for a reason. Try something new. Take a class. Start exercising if you never have. Get out and make a difference around your corner God has you in. And cheer up. Age is just a number. 

PRAYER: I thank you for each day you give me. Many have lost babies, children, precious family members and often have deep sadness. Be with those people grieving but help each of us know we have a purpose. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Each day is a gift to us.I find myself reciting the text to Psal 118:24, "This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." I really needed to keep that in mind today.

    ReplyDelete