Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Be Bold..Yes You!


“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.”
Philippians 1:20
I was in a secular type group meeting recently where I had the opportunity to share how a person could not be angry and yet I sat there silent. Shame on me! The person leading the conversation kept asking people in the group what can you suggest if you get this way. I wanted to say "Start the day with Jesus and the Bible and oh yeah you could read God's Lemonade Stand too" but instead there I sat too afraid or outnumbered to speak up. Have you ever been in a situation like this? You want to give the answer which related to Jesus giving you peace but instead you clam up. It is great when you are in a Holy huddle and no one opposes you but at a meeting not related to church it can be scary. Why? 
Next time I am not going to allow that to happen. If I have a godly solution to the problem I plan to step up to the plate and share. Fear is from the enemy and most certainly Satan does not want you giving a Christ centered solution to a problem. Don't let fear of what others may think stand in your way. The minute I froze up I said to myself "What kind of Lemonade Stand lady are you if you can't share hope with people who may not hear it anywhere else."
If you find yourself in a similar predicament look at it as a golden opportunity God has given you to shine for the Kingdom. It is like the Christian college student who is outnumbered in his class by a class full of students who may jeer at them. Speak the truth in love then pray. 
PRAYER: Forgive me Lord for opportunities I have had to share hope with others but failed to do so. Give me a Holy boldness to be a light for you when I may be outnumbered. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment