Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 3, 2016

Pray And Mean It!



And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground. Luke 22:44 

How is your prayer life? Is it a casual bedtime lay me down to sleep prayer? Maybe it is a meal time simple one thanking God for your meal? Perhaps a cry for help when in danger? All these prayers are nice but have you ever really gotten serious about talking to God? 

I am not sure what your experience with prayer is, but if someone asks you to pray for them maybe the best thing to do is to stop right then and  there and pray with them be it over the phone, in a parking lot, at the movie theater lobby, over lunch. Never be ashamed to do this. What is to be ashamed of anyway? It is the enemy who brings that on people so boldly go ahead and pray. 

Prayer is simply having a chat with God. No big fancy language needed. No man of God has to lead you in prayer. Just pray. Be sincere and pour out your heart to the Lord. If you have not gotten into this very important habit why not begin today? 

PRAYER: I thank you that I can come to you in prayer either alone or with another person. You want to hear my prayers and sometimes I get so busy I forget to do this. Forgive me and help me to never be ashamed and to just pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment