Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Untie The Apron Strings



I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.” And they worshiped the Lord there. 1 Samuel 1:27-28
Male readers bear with me a few moments but this is about the art of letting go of adult children which I have not mastered totally but am trying. You need to snip those apron strings and especially the older they get do not try to orchestrate their lives. One thing you can always do and should do is pray.

We are given children for a season and have about 18 years to raise them. After that college, marriage, and careers and possibly eventually children comes along and it can be very tempting to try to lord over someone but keep in mind your children are adults and they don't need you to give advice unless they ask for it. It is best to try to bite your tongue.

The thing you can do is to continually pray for them. That is why I am ever so thankful for my Moms in Prayer group. It is a confidential wonderful way to come together each week and pray for our children ages kindergarten through career time. Men can probably get a bunch of dads together to pray but moms tend to be the ones who are crying out to God for the lives of our children in a different way than dads do. Now is the time to pray,not preach.

PRAYER: I pray for those with adult children to be respectful of them and continue to lift them up in prayer. I pray for those with married children to learn to let them lead their own lives and continue to pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment