Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Occult In America



"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16

This time of year in America many people go nuts decorating their homes with witches, fake cobwebs, tombstones, ghosts and so on. I personally opt for the harvest theme if I decorated at all.  "Oh come on now Becky Halloween is just a silly fun holiday. There is nothing wrong with dressing up." Granted dressing up can be fun but why not have have a costume party another time if you really have to.

Anything to do with occultism in my opinion should not be tolerated by a Christian this includes yes Harry Potter, Quija Board, Dungeons and Dragons, reading a horoscope, even the Twilight movies are pushing the edge,  yet how many,  even in the Christian community see nothing wrong and consider it fun?Not judging, just stating a fact. Each person has to reach their own conclusion. I wasn't always this way yet after accepting Christ in 1975 became very convicted by the Holy Spirit on many things.

In 2 Corinthians 11:14 it says "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." You have to choose what you will do and be accountable for your own actions. I am just giving you something to think about. Also in Deuteronomy 18:10 it says "There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer." Satan can use subtle ways to trip believers up. Beware that you don't fall into his trap.

PRAYER: I want to let my light shine but to do this I know I have to be careful to not live in two different worlds where some things are okay cause 'the world' says so and be sucked into the worlds' system more than yours. In Jesus' name. Amen. 








No comments:

Post a Comment