Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Trick Or Tricked?


Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies. Psalm 141:4

Each year I ponder how to deal with Halloween. It is for sure not an edifying holiday yet many Christians see no harm in it as they send their little ones dressed like Satan or another character out the door to get candy. My birthday happens to fall on this holiday. I just have a real hard time and choose to not celebrate. So many think it is harmless and I am some sort of religious fanatic weirdo. Guilty as charged.

Recently I saw a sign posted where a church, yes a church, was having a haunted house. Not an alternative Celebration but apparently an actual haunted house. It made me take a step back. Why on Earth would any church claiming to be Christian do this? Perhaps they do not preach spiritual warfare and do not see the harm in this.

All I know is I ask myself why is it necessary? If you see the movies coming out this time of year too, likewise they borderline on darkness as well. In my opinion a Christian should flee the darkness and run to the light. Each person has to be convicted in his or her own heart and I guess ask "What would Jesus do?"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus help the things I say and do and the  activities I participate in bring glory to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment