Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Just Say No!


I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

For those of us who are not presently employed whose children are grown and gone it can be tempting to over volunteer. Somehow I know it has happened to me but you feel unworthy if when someone asks what you do you have to somehow prove you have a fancy title. I have struggled with this area off and on for years. Your worth is not in your activities, degrees, titles, but in your worth in the eyes of Jesus Christ. 

If you struggle with not being able to say no to seemingly worthy activities, take a step back. Weigh the costs first on your family. Whether today's modern world likes to hear it or not, if you are married,  the lady is usually the primary homemaker if she is not working outside the home. Not a slave, a servant, a doormat but one who joyfully keeps her home nice, the place God blessed you with. 

In all your busyness and activities do you set aside time alone with the King of Kings, Jesus Christ? You may hear the sermon talking about putting God first  and say He is number one, but usually a thing that is number one is on top of the priority list. So is He on yours or squeezed out by too much other stuff. Something to consider. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus forgive me for the times I have begrudgingly been not satisfied with where I am and felt unimportant. I know that is a lie from the pit of hell. I ask you let me wake up joyful in my day's journey ready to serve you and shine your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment