Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 8, 2016

In The Flock


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27
Have you ever observed a farm field full of animals once the farmer shows up? All the animals are used to him and follow him particularly when they hear his voice. Sheep herders also have their sheep follow them and the sheep trust them.

Your flock could be your children, a prayer group you lead, your Bible study, but regardless you tend to follow the leader and if you are that leader it is a immense responsibility. This is so important to remember also as to  who you are following in the spiritual realm. Do you hear God's voice or do too many 'voices' in the world crowd it out and over power it? 

Take inventory of your life and maybe pay attention to which 'voices' are more important to you and shape your thinking. Is it the Bible or maybe the newspapers and television news. Maybe you idolize a certain celebrity or pop star. If you claim Jesus is Lord of your life you need to stay in His flock and tune out the other distractions. 



PRAYER: I love you Lord. I love reading your word and listening to upbeat positive worship music. At times I have let other things 'guide' me and give me strength to stay on the path that leads to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment