Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

You Got Problems? Really?


We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair. 2 Corinthians 4:8
One day yours truly the Christian devotion writer and author was stewing over a glitch in my first ever book. Mind you, most people were raving about the accomplishment of publishing and very few noticed. So I got it fixed by publisher. Not! My editor found two more glitches I failed to catch. One of my best friends told me the book was wonderful. So back to my own advice and lessons I go. 
In the big scheme of things this is not a huge earth shattering problem. It is nothing to lose sleep over. It is not going to send me to jail or anything. It is just inconvenient and embarrassing. Many people around the globe face major issues daily. Lack of fresh water. Dying of diseases. Getting fired or losing a job. Wrecking your car. And a minor issue will pass. Everything in life needs to be kept in perspective. Someone once told me you will always find someone worse off than you and how true that is.
Are the problems you are facing now really so major that you can't rest and have peace? There is also a saying "this too shall pass". I know sometimes we think we are stuck in a problem forever it seems but when it is just a memory we wonder what was the big issue. So give worry a break and trust in God. 
PRAYER: Forgive me when I have not stopped and taken a deep breath and instead get into the worry mode. I know you don't want me to. Give me peace and help me remember to always pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment