Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Just Me And God



A heart at peace gives life to the body,but envy rots the bones. Proverbs 14:30

I recently published my first ever devotion book. It was a longtime dream to do this being first put in my heart when I was in my early 20's. I finally got there but not the traditional way with a contract and advance checks but doing it through the self publishing or indy publishing way. Comparing is one big detriment in the publishing world but in any world. Seeing others accomplish something faster or getting a contract and an agent as opposed to the way of stepping out independently with just you and God. 

Do you beat yourself up when you look at what others do and think what you do does not matter? Each person has gifts and abilities. Just because one person went to college or graduate school does not mean God looks at them any different. Our government in the US these past 7 years has tried to instill jealously and envy in the populace by creating a scenario of wealth redistribution making the lower class economically feel jealous of those who prosper. If you do this, stop it. That is NOT from God. 

Be grateful for every blessing God gives you. Stop looking at others and feeling you are somehow less or start to envy the other person. Rejoice with others in their accomplishments and know like it says in 1 Peter 5:6 'Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."

PRAYER: Lord you are good and your mercies are new every morning it says in scripture and indeed how true that is. Forgive me if I have ever been less than grateful for the things you do in my life. You have wonderful plans for me and I thank you ahead of time for how you work in my life. Use me in the lives of others to accomplish your purposes. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment