Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Eyes In The Sky


But each one is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desires. Then when desire conceives, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is full grown, it gives birth to death. Do not be led astray, my dear brothers and sisters. James 1:14-16
Occasionally I like to relax on my back porch looking off in the distance towards Huntsville International Airport. It is about 30 minutes as the crow flies whatever that means. I have this great app called ATC where I can listen in to the Air Traffic Control towers of many airports. 
These 'eyes on the sky' are crucial in bad weather, limited visibility, emergencies, and just insuring skies stay safe and no planes collide midair. Believers are given eyes on the spiritual skies by reading the word of God and heeding His voice. Going our own way and acting like we know more than our Maker can lead to serious consequences. 
Are you tuned in and paying attention to God?  When you know what is right do you do the opposite anyway? Don't be headed for a crash landing in your life. Deep down when you know what is right why not listen to God and not be enticed by the enemy. 
PRAYER: I choose to listen to your voice and heed your warnings to stay on the course you want me on. Give me strength for any challenges that lie in my path. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment