Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weeds Will Come



The sower went out to sow his seed and as he  sowed, some fell beside the road, and it was trampled under foot and the birds of the air ate it up. "Other seed fell on rocky soil, and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. "Other seed fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it and choked it out."Other seed fell into the good soil, and grew up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great." As He said these things, He would call out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."Luke 8:5-8

Ask my husband or my former neighbor, and you will discover I am no gardener. I do not have a green thumb nor do I know much about growing stuff. My husband is the one with the passion and degree in agriculture. But I try. Recently as he was instructing me in the fine art of the proper way to plant different types of seeds I was thinking, " should have put down black plastic to keep the weeds from coming" but alas no black plastic. Weeds will come and weeds will have to be yanked up by the root so my crops will grow and thrive.

In life 'weeds' come as well. In the verse above the 'weeds' or 'thorns' choked the word of God out so it was unfruitful. These 'weeds' or 'thorns' could be problems, unbelief, lack of faith, hanging with the wrong crowd, filling your mind with wrong things, jealousy, hatred, anger, bitterness. If there are any of these in your life it is hard for the word of God to take root less it be choked out by these. 

Do you need to cultivate the soil of your heart and prepare it to be receptive to the word of God? Only you can answer that question truthfully. It is hard to fill your heart with things of the Lord when other idols are choking it out. You be the judge and do what is necessary to 'weed' the garden of your heart to make it fruitful for the Lord. 

PRAYER: I am tired of having weeds in my spiritual garden. Satan loves to keep them coming and I choose to yank them up. A good dose of the word of God daily is like weed killer to strengthen me for each day's journey. Forgive me when I make excuses why I have no time and help me reorder my day around my time with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment