Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Surrender


Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. Romans 6:13

When watching war movies such as the 2015 release of the true story 'Unbroken', as prisoners are captured they put their hands in the air in the form of surrender. When a person lifts their hands to Jesus in praise or worship he or she signifies that they too are surrendering to His Lordship and guidance. How many have sung the song 'I Surrender All' then walk out of church and take back their life and don't follow God the rest of their week? Something to ponder.

Are there areas of your life that you have not totally surrendered to God? Work, play, raising family, your words and thoughts, social activities, social media, making friendships. You can probably think of a few more to add to this list. In the Bing online dictionary the word surrender means "To cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority."

 Today is the day to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Not just when you feel like it but 24/7. Satan will try to derail your efforts and obedience to Christ but you are not unaware of his schemes to stop him
.
PRAYER: I give you my ambitions,my dreams, my hopes, and my prayers Lord. Your ways are higher than my ways. I trust you Lord for the perfect plan for my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment