Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Humiliation 101

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts. Colossians 3:15

There is a verse in John 10:10 that says "The thief comes only to kill, to steal, and to destroy. I have come that they might have life and have it more abundantly." When you get your eyes off Jesus, even but for a moment,  it can send you into a tailspin. Our enemy loves to get us flustered. I write about not being flustered, but believe me, I have to constantly work on it. As the verse says he kills and steals our joy. 

Recently when I discovered, after the fact,  that the first 350 copies of my newly released book had errors in them, such as missing the all important dedication to my dear husband and the extended biography and photo of yours truly, I went temporarily crazy. It upset me that all these close friends at my book launch party and those who got a copy by Amazon and other online sources, would think I was horrible to not mention my husband.  My older sister helped snap me out of it helping me keep things in perspective as in the big scheme of things this was nothing. But oh for about an hour I was letting Satan mess with me big time. I was humiliated. Humiliation is not a fruit of the spirit at all. It is from the pit of hell. 

I don't know what has happened in your life but when something happens and you don't try to calm yourself and take a deep breath it is easy to overreact beat yourself up. Satan is referred to as 'the accuser of the brethren' in Revelation 12:10.  When you feel yourself fretting over something and beating yourself up stop and realize this is NOT from God. Tell Satan to get behind you then invite Jesus to take his rightful place as Lord of your life.

PRAYER: Forgive me for the times I have had melt downs because I took my eyes off you and forgot to be still and pray first. I know tests will come to teach me and help me to pass these tests with flying colors. In Jesus' name. Amen.

NOTE: my books problem is fixed now so anyone who buys one should in fact get the corrected version. 


No comments:

Post a Comment